Tuesday, April 29, 2008

 
posted by Jason @ 5:42 PM
The Emory Wheel (the student newspaper of Emory U, in Atlanta) has an excellent piece on the greening of festivals nationwide online here. If this is student journalism, color me impressed!

The story explores the greening of festivals through Wakarusa and the Echo Project (covered here on my old blog), touching on key aspects including the impact of fan travel, the difficulty of making any event truly green in a non-green society, and the importance of not being too earnest.

Notable quote from a festival-goer: “Just like any other person wants to talk about music, they just want to talk about the environment. They weren’t making me feel like I was a bad person or preaching at me. They made me feel like I could be a part of something bigger.”

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home