Wednesday, December 5, 2007

 
posted by Sarah Krasley @ 11:23 PM
A few days ago I offered advice on a greener holiday season. This morning, my commute buddy told me about another option in San Francisco (thanks, Jonah!). In anticipation of sharing the information with you all, I jammed this tune on my ipod (best sad Christmas song EVER--in fact this album is on almost constant rotation between Thanksgiving and Christmas for me).

From the Cole Hardware website:


Adopt a living tree


Once again, Friends of the Urban Forest have teamed up with the Department of the Environment to offer San Francisco residents a chance to host a living tree during the holidays through the Green Christmas Tree Project. Host families can choose from a variety of trees, including olive, magnolia and strawberry, located at the organization’s tree yard in the Presidio. The trees come in five-gallon pots and range from 6 to 10 feet tall. In January, Friends of the Urban Forest will offer pick-up services and plant the trees throughout the city.

Visit www.fuf.net for more information on the program.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
Nice layout. I like green. Just very interested to know where you get the layout from. Could you please tell me?

Thanks
 
Tras el Muro de Planck
 
Hey Blindspot,

This site was designed by Monica Way. I love her work, too! Get at her here: www.monicaway.com
 
It looks like you are interested in trees, check out the pictures of the Dragon Tree that I just posted on my blog.
 
what a great idea! passing this to SF people i know
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home